Thursday, September 27, 2007

Proposal

For my semester project, I am going to continue to work towards making a video on the parking enforcement here at Clemson. I plan to start my video with some scenery shots of Clemson, followed by some shots of traffic, full parking lots, and people circling the lots searching for spaces. Next, I plan on using information recieved from the Clemson Budget to show exactly how much Clemson is profitting off tickets compared to other things like athletics and dining. Next, I plan on walking around almost like a reporter, and explain exactly where people can and cannot park, the difference between spaces, and the times people are allowed to park in certain areas. Next, I will interview random people and people I know, asking weather they 1) fully know and understand the parking situation at Clemson, 2) have ever been fined my the parking enforcement, and 3) whether they agree with the way the parking is set up at Clemson or if it could use some changes. Also, I will interview students who use alternative methods of transportation. After inferviewing students, I plan on asking the same questions to teachers and faculty around the campus. Because most faculty have been and will be here longer than most students, I hope to get different answers than what students said. Finally, if allowed, I hope to interivew the ticket distributers themselves and the people working inside the parking office and ask them questions like 1) how often to people complain and put up huge fights over tickets, 2) do you think the parking set up is fair. Ultimatley I am trying to keep my personal opinions out of the video, and try to expose a broad idea of what the feelings on campus are towards the parking situation.

No comments: